Monday, August 22, 2011

Not Enough Hours in the Day

I pointed out to my husband today that picking up another SCA hobby is taking away from my embroidery time.  He chuckled at me and reminded me that *I* was the one who jumped on this new, shiny and active hobby and have been spending the past week or more obsessing over it.  I had a choice this afternoon.  I could add more sparkly gold thread to the next piece of my Veste or keep working on cleaning Don Vilhelm's sword so I can play with it.
Needless to say, the sword is gleaming clean and the embroidery never left the bag.
... I am a silly girl, infatuated with gleaming steel and long, leggy lunges.  I'm sure I can manage to squeeze in embroidery time between workouts and lessons and practice and maintenance of the gear I've been loaned.  Somehow I will find more hours in the day... Especially since the kids go back to school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I began playing SCA in 1999. I had this idea to become a Late Period Costuming Laurel from Day One. On the way, I developed a deeper love for all things Italian, specifically the clothing. If you have questions, ask me. If you have comments, share them. If you have suggestions, tell me.