Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All that glitters

I purchased some green patterned corduroy over a decade ago.  My plan has always been to make a De Medici doublet dress out of it.
So, Saturday at Sean's Ludus Magnus, I started the goldwork.  The entire vine pattern (I'm pretending it's acanthus) will be outlined in gold.  I am using gold foil (real metal, has silver and gold in the metal foil, which is wrapped around a silk core) to do a surface couching around the biggest leaves, stem stitch on the smaller leaves and Ceylon stitch on the bigger stems.
The effect, I think, is dazzling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I began playing SCA in 1999. I had this idea to become a Late Period Costuming Laurel from Day One. On the way, I developed a deeper love for all things Italian, specifically the clothing. If you have questions, ask me. If you have comments, share them. If you have suggestions, tell me.